Tuesday 1 October 2013

The Hobbit: The Unexpected Journey




I am a huge fan of Lord of The Rings. Simple as that. That’s the best movie I have ever seen in my childhood 10 years ago back when everything on screen doesn't look as HD as what we watch now. So, unsurprisingly when The Hobbits came out on the big screen, I’m fanatic of it. Even when I have watched Lord of The Rings trilogy multiple times, I never get bored with the amazingly spectacular scenery of the Elves kingdom, the thrilling excitement I get on the adventure of the dwarfs and hobbits, the beauty of Hobbit village, and the fear and curiosity I got every time Gollums’ act rules the atmosphere.



This time, Bilbo Baggins is the main character, the grandfather of Frodo Baggins who first found the ring in Gollum’s cage and steal it from Gollum. This is the initial story why later on, the relationship between Gollum and Baggin is strong in Lord of The Ring. I personally like The Hobbit because Gandalf is back!!! I admire Gandalf the Grey the most, especially his wisdom and taste of humor. 


I also fancy the elegance and archaic of Lady of Lórien, Galadriel. There's something so mysterious about her that made me long for her role over and over again. Furthermore, there are several returning artists on the film, like Ian McKellen and Howard Shore and Andrew Lesnie, whose work is every bit as good as it was before, and I think for the most part, “Lord Of The Rings” fans are going to feel like this is a welcome return to Middle Earth. My hope is that the three films taken together will work better than this one does on its own.



A little sneak peek of the story.. It all starts in a peaceful village of hobbits, when Gandalf the Grey ask Bilbo Baggins to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was attacked by the flame of dragon long time ago. Refusing the offer at first, Bilbo finally found the adventurous part of himself that has long buried by the comfort of Hobbit village. Joining the other 13 dwarfes and their warrior, Thokin Oakenshield, the group starts to find many obstacles and enemies. While the team was stuck and tried to escape the goblin tunnels, Bilbo Baggins meet Gollum, a lonely creature that was obsessed by a ring. The ring that starts all the war, all the adventure, and the unexpected journey…  
  

Watch the trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment